Why is data collection important?
Adding a weight sensor to your vessel is only the start of the system, collecting and analyzing the data that is provided by the sensor, through a controller, is what really begins to provide valuable information for dry bulk inventory management.
Inventory management is critical; maximizing the reliability and consistency of inventory measurement through the manufacturing process is key to:
- Optimizing supply chain planning
- Accurately measuring process yields and direct materials costs
- Optimizing working capital
- Improving accuracy of financial reporting
- Confirming quantities of material received
- Identifying inventory losses