It is most important to make the following considerations when selecting a timer relay for your application:
- Contacts are generally rated for 5 to 10amp resistive loads, and can often be supplied with solid state output contacts for lower level switching applications.
- Timing function options include but are not limited to: on-delay, off-delay, and interval/one-shot modes.
- Most models are designed to plug into a socket or other standard connection system, thus allowing for prewiring of the connections and insertion of the timer relay when ready.
- Timing values may be set by an analog dial and knob, digitally with a keypad, with dipswitches, jumpers, thumbwheels, or other simple means.
- Fixed timing values are common for use in applications where timing set points are not expected or intended to be adjustable.
- They are small in size and offer unequalled performance in their role while using minimal panel space.